Friday, June 09, 2006

Making Serendipity Doo-Dah

Years ago, whenI was with my first husband, we had very little extra money for art. I desperately needed an artistic outlet. At the time, I was working as a telemarketer (yes, times were desperate) my then husband was losing a battle with alcholism (which is an expensive habit) and every cent went to the bills and food.
At a rummage sale, I found an old paint by numbers set with left-over oil paints. I used the cardboard back of a note pad and just started painting one day. Even though the colors available were not ones I would have chosen, it felt good to create, and I liked the result so much that I've kept it all these years. It's also a great reminder of how wonderful life is now :-}

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynx said...

Leave it to my best buddy to find a way to create in the midst of chaos and cashlessness! I know the feeling, you know I do, and thank the Goddess that we are both out of those nasty little situations... and thank all the gods and goddesses that I am back to wanting to create, that was a very dark time when I was not interested in making anything... speaking/writing of keeping things "all these years", I still have the watercolor flowers you painted on the back of your name cards from high school graduation! They are in my poetry and artwork collection book.... Will have to get them up here to the library when the scanner is open and send you copies to post. :-)

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home