Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hat for Lois

Last week I found out that a dear theater friend just finished 5 months of chemo for ovarian cancer. I lost touch with her when I went hermit last year, and never have I regretted it more. She is one of the people who, during my year-long illness ALWAYS called to see if I wanted to get out, or just a visit. I regret I wasn't there for her in the same way. I put my love for her into a soft hat that frames the face in such a way that you can't tell if the wearer has hair or not. Its made from two cashmere merino blends so it feels lovely.
The Wonderful news is she had a follow-up ct scan and was told Friday that she is in remission! The chemo Worked! We'll be getting together for dinner with her and her husband, Jim in early September :-}

1 Comments:

Blogger Ysabeau said...

I know she's going to love it, so soft and so thoughtful, plus pretty... look how it brings out your eyes in the photo! When my friend Faith had chemo, she loved my hand crocheted hats, so get it to her and be prepared for a big smile.
B*B, Ysabeau

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home