Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Serendipitous GoodWill purchase

I found a skein of 100% Virgin Wool at Good Will the other day, and bought it for 95 cents.
It was an old skein, probably produced in the fifties or sixties, based on the style of label. It was an Ombre Pattern called "Rose" and was pretty funky to look at, and a bit rough textured to work with. I decided to use it for a felting project, another of those Kitty Beds (called Kitty Pi)

I LOVE how the pattern muted and changed with the felting, and its a favorite of the Moonie cat. He's big enough you can't even see it when he's lying on it, but here's a picture of it empty.

2 Comments:

Blogger :-D eirdre said...

Diana - I know I can guess but are these really big enough for the cat to curl up in? Do they take a long time?

It looks great, I think it reminds me of a holiday peppermint candy

7:23 PM  
Blogger Laume said...

I love how it looks too. I bet my cats would love something like this. Pattern?

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home